The program of the upcoming Body Mapping Lab is in planning process. But here you can get a brief idea about its main goals.
Who are the Lab's aimed at?
Performing arts- practitioners and researchers who are interested in deepening the understanding of an embodied performance practice. The Lab's are also directed at bodyworkers, pedagogues, art-therapists, urban researchers, architects and members of general public who are interested in training their relationship between the body and space.
What the Lab's promote:
- Empowerment of the social and communication skills trough the strengthening of collaborative work.
- Deepening of bodily and environmental awareness trough the activation of physical and intellectual resources.
- Development of one’s bodily- language and expression trough the experience of solo and group improvisations (or interventions).
- Fostering of the research procedure trough the support of one’s topics and inquiries.
Contents in General:
- Foundations in site specific performance
- Performative and ethnographic strategies in urban and natural environments
- Methodologies in embodied research
- Basic principles in somatics
- Improvisation and intervention
- Documentation skills and research tools
- Individual- and group critical reflection